1. Your health will eventually start to get much worse if you abuse drugs or alcohol long enough.You must never forget that drugs and alcohol are poisons. Therefore, they will eventually start to take a toll on your body if you keep using them for an extended period of time. Have you experienced any rapid weight loss? Are you feeling tired and weak all the time? Have you been hospitalized on multiple occasions recently as a direct result of your drug or alcohol abuse? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you should seek the help offered by a rehab facility right away.
2. Frequent reprimands at work when you never had any before are a sure indicator that your substance abuse problem is out of control.It is common for people who are addicted to drugs and alcohol to encounter problems at their job. It might take a while for this to occur because there are many people who can hide their addiction from their employer and coworkers. However, it is only a matter of time until the facade they have carefully constructed will begin to crack. At that point, their addiction will be exposed to everyone. You might have a job that you love. However, you have become undependable. You forget to perform tasks that your boss gives to you. You forget to attend important meetings. You have been late numerous times. It is only a matter of time until you do not show up for work at all. All it will take is a few unexcused absences to ruin everything you have worked so hard to achieve in your career. Go to a facility that offers substance abuse treatment if you feel that your job is at risk because of your addiction.
3. Relationship difficulties are something that many substance abusers deal with on a daily basis.Abusing drugs and alcohol will often cause a person’s behavior to change in a very big way. This will eventually result in arguments with the addict’s significant other. It can be a tough thing to watch the person you love and care about most descend into drug or alcohol addiction. There will come a point when your significant other can no longer tolerate the way you are throwing your life away. He or she might have already left you. If so, going to rehab might be the only way that you will be able to successfully repair your relationship. Having a parent who is addicted to drugs and alcohol can be especially difficult for children to deal with. The sober parent will often remove the kids from the home if the addict’s behavior becomes too erratic. Seeking treatment at a rehab facility can help to preserve your relationship with your children.
4. Legal problems usually follow people who use alcohol and drugs on a regular basis.People who drink all the time will eventually get behind the wheel of a car. When this happens, disaster often follows. You might kill or injure yourself or innocent bystanders if you are driving drunk. There are also very serious legal consequences for people who get behind the wheel of a motor vehicle while they are intoxicated. You could lose your driver’s license, get of huge fine or get sent to prison. Drug addicts will need to find a way to pay for their very expensive habit. This usually involves stealing things that they can sell. Needless to say, this never has a good ending.
5. Depression is very common for drug and alcohol abusers.Do you feel very depressed all the time? Are you thinking about suicide? If so, you are not alone. You can get help for your problems at a rehab facility. There is no reason for you to go through every day feeling depressed.